The aims of Bellerive FCJ Catholic College are:
- help everyone within a caring community to grow in faith
- respect and value other cultures and faiths
- make the most of every given ability
- enjoy and achieve personal growth and academic excellence
- prepare pupils for their adult life, playing a full part in a modern global society
Our curriculum operates in the context of our FCJ charism and values which place companionship, dignity, excellence, gentleness, justice and hope at the core.
Our curriculum operates within a framework of:
- Integrity: we will deliver more than simply examination outcomes. We educate the whole person ,in communion with our catholic faith, to enable them to play their full role in the modern world
- Proportion: our curriculum will strive to ensure the most appropriate and most ambitious pathway for every student
- Clarity: Students will understand why they are studying what they study and will understand how their current study programmes will progress during each year they are with us
As a catholic school, Religious Education and formation forms an integral part of our curriculum. Faith formation goes beyond the RE syllabus into the other taught and untaught aspects of the life of the school. Particular emphasis is given to collective worship and liturgical experiences at key times in the church calendar.
We are conscious of our wider responsibilities to civic society in terms of teaching British values and ensuring our students are given clear messages about the dangers of radicalisation and staying safe. Our curriculum will also ensure that our young people are aware of the dangers in modern society and how to keep themselves safe in their daily lives and on line. Our curriculum will provide opportunities for young people to understand these issues in a safe and age appropriate manner.
Please click on the link below to access our current curriculum policy:
Curriculum information for each subject can be accessed below. Subjects are constantly reviewing the content of their curriculum and updated maps and associated resources will be added on a regular basis
Year 7 Science resources
Year 8 Science resources
Year 9 Science resources
BUSINESS AND COMPUTING
We have created half-termly breakdowns of subject content for each subject via a series of curriculum booklets for each year group and these will be refreshed on a regularly basis. Please see below for Year 7-11:
Additional information on subjects studied at KS4 ( Year 10 and Year 11) can be found below:
and for the sixth form, in the Sixth form section of the website.
Students in Year 7 are taught in mixed ability form classes in all subjects except for Maths and French/Spanish. Decisions around setting are made in the autumn term and are subject to regular review.
Students in Year 8 and Year 9 are taught in mixed ability form classes except for Maths, Science and French/Spanish
Students in Year 10 and Year 11 are setted in Maths and Science only. Mixed ability groups run across all subjects in the sixth form.
We operate a 2 week timetable at Bellerive. Each week of the academic year is referred to as either week A or week B. This change has allowed us to make some important curriculum changes and offers us the potential for further flexibility in our future curriculum planning. Parents are asked to support the college in ensuring students are aware which working week it is at any one time and to ensure that students have the correct books and equipment for each working day.
Please note that our IT facilities are available to students for independent study from 8am to 4.30pm each day.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require more information about the curriculum followed by students.