Remote Learning Planning
Remote Learning is currently taking place for all students subject to government regulations.
We have been planning within departments and across the school for how best to manage remote learning should groups of students be asked to work remotely due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions. We have invested in a number of online resources for students as listed below:
- Show My Homework
- MASSOLIT (A level Eng Lit, History, Psychology)
Other online resources have been used by staff including BBC Bitesize and the Oak Academy suite of online lessons.
Students have been provided with all relevant passwords and are asked to contact their teacher or the IT support team should any problems emerge.
Screen-based learning can be difficult for students with Dyslexia or Irlen Syndrome who need a overlay to help with reading. Please try the instructions below for help with this:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Display & Text Size.
- Tap Color Filters.
- Tap the switch next to Color Filters to turn them on.
- Tap Color Tint.
- Tap and drag the Hue slider at the bottom until the tint is what you need.
- Close all open programs.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
- In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
- Click to select the color depth you want from the drop-down menu under Colors.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Open your device’s settings app .
- Tap Accessibility, then tap Colour correction.
- Turn on Use colour correction.
- Choose a correction mode: Deuteranomaly (red-green) Protanomaly (red-green) Tritanomaly (blue-yellow)
- Optional: Turn on Colour correction shortcut. Learn about accessibility shortcuts
The essential elements of how remote learning will work are set out below:
- Show My Homework will remain the single point for recording and sharing all remote learning tasks.
- Microsoft Teams will be the single point of interactive remote engagement through whole group sessions/teaching remotely
- Work will be set lesson by lesson as per the school timetable for an individual student
- A Microsoft Teams session for each class each week. Students will be emailed about the time of the Teams lesson or details will be added to any tasks on Show My Homework
- Tasks will be manageable and achievable within the given lesson time (and homework time if applicable)
- Tasks set on Show My Homework will provide details on how work should be submitted
- Appropriate and regular feedback will be provided on any work submitted